Don’t Worry – Be Happy ! Worrying is a negative emotion and can range from simply feeling uneasy or being overly concerned about a situation or problem. With excessive worrying, your mind and body go into overdrive as you constantly focus on “what might happen.”
Worrying can affect the body in ways that may surprise you. When worrying becomes excessive, it can lead to feelings of high anxiety and cause you to be physically ill.
Chronic worrying can affect your daily life so much that it may interfere with your appetite, lifestyle habits, relationships, sleep, and job performance. Many people who worry excessively are so anxiety-ridden that they seek relief in harmful lifestyle habits such as overeating, cigarette smoking, or using alcohol and drugs.
I’d like to share some of the best, most empowering and inspiring quotes about worrying and what to do about it.
Here are ten of my favourite worry quotes:-
- “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”
– Leo F. Buscaglia
- “Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.”
– Swedish Proverb
- “Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.”
– Dale Carnegie
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
– Elbert Hubbard
- “When one has too great a dread of what is impending, one feels some relief when the trouble has come.”
– Joseph Joubert
- “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere”
– Erma Bombeck
- “The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.”
– Robert Frost
- “Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.”
– Henry Ward Beecher
- “If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep.”
– Dale Carnegie
- “A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work.”
– John Lubbock
Dale Carnegie wrote a bestselling book on how to “How to Stop worrying and Start Living”, many people have benefited from this over the years and the text is still valid today, despite being first published in 1948.
Replace the negative emotion of worry with the positive action of making goals for your life and for your business.
I have found Goal Setting immensely helpful in my life. Some people are natural goal setters, others find goal setting more difficult. Goal Setting can be learnt.
Set your family, personal and business goals, focus upon them , you won’t have time to worry!